- This event has passed.
The Stove’s Annual Gathering
February 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Stove’s Annual Gathering
When: 6pm – 7.45pm (with a break) Monday 22nd February 2021
Where: Online – advance registration is required, CLICK HERE. Please note: An email will be sent to you before 22nd February with a link to the online event.
Who: Stove members and an open invite to others
The Stove Network’s ‘Annual General Meeting’ (AGM) is a very special feature in our yearly calendar, it’s the moment when all the parts of The Stove from our membership to core team and board members come together to reflect on the year passed as well as look to the future.
Whilst we usually host our AGM in November/December, the team decided to postpone this given the on-going COVID-19 Pandemic. And whilst our AGM is usually a social event with food and the chance to catch up with folk, this year has to be different. And whilst we can’t meet-up in person we’re sure our AGM will be as informative, social and lively as ever.
It is very important to everyone connected with The Stove that the organisation reflects the community it serves so we’d encourage everyone with even a passing interest in the work of The Stove to come along. Our AGM is a friendly space offering a fascinating insight into how things work, find out what’s coming up and see how you can be involved in shaping our future direction.
The Stove’s Annual Gathering 2020-21
- Review of the Year: A visual presentation of the work of The Stove over the last 15 months
- The Stove Board’s report for 2020-21: A brief summary of the activities of Trustees over the last year, including the finances of the organisation.
- Election of the Board of Trustees for the coming year: Every year the members of The Stove elect a board of trustees to run the organisation on their behalf. All members attending the AGM will be invited to vote electronically.
- The Year Ahead: A presentation, by the Stove team, of what is coming up for 2021-2022 that we know about and some of the things in development. This will also include a discussion of some of the suggestions and issues raised by Stove members in the recent members survey
- The Body of the Kirk: Breaking up into smaller groups for short discussions of some of the topics raised.
Throughout the Gathering people will be able to ask questions and make comments and everything will be answered in the meeting or afterwards depending on time available.
One long serving member of our Board of Trustees (Del Whitticase) is standing down at the AGM, but everyone else is standing for re-election. There are some spaces for new Trustees to stand, if you’d be interested in joining this great bunch of people please get in touch with our Orchestrator, Matt Baker (email@example.com) before the Gathering. Matt can tell you what is involved and how this all works. Del is a working artist, so we’d be very interested to hear from other artists from the community to be that voice on our Board; and we also have a particular need for a Trustee with legal experience.
We would like to make it possible for as many members as possible to participate in the process of electing the Board for next year – so if you cannot attend the AGM, but would like to participate, please fill out this form TSN AGM Voting Form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see as many of you as possible on the 22nd February!