The Stove Network is looking for the right person/team to deliver the Nithraid event in Dumfries on 1st August 2015.
This will be the third year of Nithraid, which is establishing itself as a major fixture in the Dumfries cultural calendar. Last year in excess of 4500 people came to watch the event and Nithraid has regular support from Dumfries and Galloway Council, Holywood Trust and sponsorship from local businesses. We are seeking someone who can work independently and take responsibility – but also work alongside the larger Stove team and other partners in the project. Ideally we would see this as long term working relationship that could extend to other Stove events.
For the 2014 Nithraid we experimented with a themed street market for the first time – this proved a real success and together with the unique artwork of the ‘Salty Coo’ (and procession) and powerful interest in the sailing community for the unique challenge of Nithraid – there is genuine potential for the event to grow into a major event in the South Scotland cultural calendar….Dumfries’ Beltane even!
The event has 3 main elements: a boat race, artwork+procession and street market/catering.
We are looking for someone who will project manage the overall delivery of the event:
• Planning and delivering the commercial/financial vision of Nithraid 2015
• Coordinating and producing all the elements of the event
• Working with The Stove Network on the artwork components
• Working with Nith Navigation Commissioners on boat race
• Working with DGC and other statutory bodies event safety etc.
• Managing event marketing
• Managing on-site delivery
• A small development fund will be made available to the new organiser who will take over the current fundraising strategy for the 2015 event, from which the organiser’s fee will be drawn.
• A funding application has already been made to the Nithsdale Area Committee (decision expected in April)
• This is potentially a long-term opportunity for someone to develop Nithraid into a sustainable annual event with a regional and national profile.
• Nithraid has an existing relationship with Environmental Art Festival Scotland – this years EAFS focuses on the River Nith and significant opportunities exist for joint marketing with this international festival.
• The delivery budget for Nithraid 2014 was approx £19,000 (including all management fees etc)
• Successful experience in fundraising
• Event management experience including event safety planning and on-site delivery
• Budget management
• Managing Event Marketing
• Working with arts sector
• Partnership working across different sectors
• Community focussed events
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further with existing project partners, in the first instance please send a CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org for further info etc please call Matt Baker on 07855 957401
16th March 2015