We are very excited to be able to share a new opportunity for visual artists in collaboration with Vestfold Kunstsenter in Norway, and the List i Ljosi Light Festival in Iceland!
OPEN CALL for Visual Arts Project – KUNSTLED VESTFOLD 2019
Opportunity for artists from Iceland, Scotland and Vestfold.
Vestfold Art Center is collaborating with The Stove Network in Dumfries in Scotland and List i Ljosi Light Art Festival in Seydisfjordur, Iceland on an artist exchange program where visiting artists will work together with local visual artists,on two site specific art projects for outdoor spaces in Vestfold, Norway.
The project«Kunstled Vestfold» has as a chief goal to promote local identity and environmental development, through working together, holding workshops in the local community and developing work in collaboration with local resource groups in the area.
The two sites are in the city of Tønsberg and on the island of Veierland, both in the county of Vestfold, Norway.
- We are looking for an Icelandic visual artistwith relevant experience within the site specific and/or Environmental Art practice for a collaborative working residency on the island of Veierland in Vestfold county, Norway.
- And a visual artist from Scotland (preference will be given to artists from or with a strong connection to Dumfries and Galloway though anyone resident in Scotland is welcome to apply) with similar experience for a working residency in the city of Tønsberg, also in Vestfold county, Norway.
- The residence artist will collaborate with a Norwegian artist with local knowledge on a joint art project.
- The project/period/development phase runs from January/February 2019.
- The actual residency will last from 3 to 4 weeks in June 2019, and project itself will be realized on site from the beginning of June.
- It is prerequisite that the project must run independently / be exhibited for the whole duration of the summer to the end of August.
- The choice of genre and materials for the project is open but must fit into this brief.
- A description of the actual project must be approved by Vestfold Art Centers Curatorial team by May 2019.
Application deadline: 1 November 2018 at 24.00
Final selection of artists will be made by a panel consisting of: Two artists appointed by Vestfold Art Centre, an artist appointed by Telemark Art Centre, a representative from Færder/Tønsberg Municipality Council and a representative from Vestfold County Council. A binding agreement is made between the elected artist and Vestfold Art Centre.
Applications from Scotland will be short-listed by the Curatorial Team at The Stove Network, in Dumfries, with chosen applicants required to visit the Stove for a pre-interview which will then be taken into consideration by the final selection panel after a second interview
Pre-interviews for Scottish applicants will take place in Dumfries on Monday the 12thof November – please indicate in your application if you are not able to make this date.
Scottish applicants should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details, including finances, artist requirements and details of how to apply please download the full call out available here: Vestfold Residency Description and Application Details