Bringing Proposals to The Stove Network
The door of The Stove Network is always open to ideas and proposals from our members and our wider community. If you have an idea that you think you could undertake with The Stove Network please contact us by email via email@example.com.
- The Stove Team will assess all proposals according to:
- the overall artistic vision of The Stove Network
- existing project commitments
- organisational capacity
- detailed consideration of current curatorial/programming aims.
Please consider the following before submitting a proposal – and please contact us with any questions.
- Two of The Stove Network Values are:
- To be open and inclusive, offering hands-on opportunities for participation in creative activity.
- To be transparent and collaborative in the way we work – bringing integrity to everything we do.
- Our Core statement states that The Stove Network will:
- Through place-based work and embedded arts practice, we will support creative conversation, enterprise and inclusion. We will bring together diverse communities to promote and develop wellbeing and sustainable local futures.
- support meaningful collaborations and active partnership for community development and place based working
- use and promote creativity as a tool for communities to be part of sharing the future of their places and their wellbeing.
The Stove Network will deliver an ambitious, contemporary and original programme of arts projects and events in public spaces in Dumfries and provide opportunities for creative practitioners to help shape the future of the region and embark on a culture-led regeneration, inspiring a growing confidence and momentum in the town and the wider region.
Submitting Proposals to the Stove
The Stove Network is an organisation based on creative partnerships. As such, the majority of work that is shown or performed in the Stove building will have been created through partnership working with The Stove Network or curated by The Stove Network as part of the mission to engage the people of Dumfries in the future of their town.
- The Stove Network curates public art projects and is based in a building called ‘The Stove’. The Stove building is not a public exhibition space. However – we are also open to unsolicited proposals for The Stove building – we will support these if a) they do not clash with existing or proposed Stove projects b) the proposal comes from a Stove member (see the Membership page) and c) the work proposed meets the following selection criteria:
- involves the wider community
- addresses issues of engagement, participation, environment, sustainability, community
- contributes to the overall vision and programming of The Stove.
- Proposals for exhibitions and events in or related to The Stove Network should include:
- A written statement of how the proposal addresses all or any of these issues
- Supporting material (images, film, sound, references)
Proposals will be discussed and decided by The Stove Team, and all successful projects will work with one or more of the Stove Team members to realise the project.