Our friends at The Stranraer Development Trust are seeking to appoint an Arts & Engagement Officer to help support the development of a thriving cultural sector and a potential major capital project for the re-development of a derelict heritage building in the town centre of Stranraer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to use their creativity to bring local people into the heart of regeneration initiatives in Stranraer.
Arts & Engagement Officer – Stranraer Development Trust
Salary: £30,000 (pro rata).
Hours: 25 per week.
Duration: The post is funded for an initial 12 months with potential that it will be continued if successful.
- Developing and delivering a creative programme in partnership with local stakeholders in and around Stranraer town centre.
- Developing and delivering creative community engagement projects that support and inform potential re-development projects for the town.
- Supporting the development of a multi-artform network of creative practitioners in Stranraer
- Setting up and programming a small ‘Project HQ’ (eg small empty shop unit or under used space) for the project that will help facilitate the aims of the project and serve as focus for
creative vibrancy for the town
- Working as part of a project team comprising SDT, DGC and TSN and other consultants involved in capital project development
- Working as part of Stranraer Development Trust team to support the charities wider aims and objectives
- Providing project monitoring and reports as required
- Managing project budget
Skills and Experience
We recognise that all types of work experience are valuable and provide useful transferable skills, so please do tell us about your previous work history and the skills you can bring to the role of Arts & Engagement Officer for Stranraer.
It is essential that you have:
- Commitment to being based within the community of Stranraer for the role
- Experience of working with artists
- An ability to build relationships with communities, colleagues, external partners, and stakeholders
- The ability to manage different priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent IT skills
- An interest in community wealth building
We are looking for people who are:
- Familiar with Stranraer
- Open and engaging
- Approachable and empathetic
- Curious and creative
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Team players
Interested, but want to know more?
For all of the details you’ll need and to find out more about the role visit the Stranraer Development Trust website.
How to Apply
Deadline for Applications: Sunday 1st May, midnight
Please provide a CV and covering letter of no more than 500 words, identifying what interests you about this opportunity and why you feel you are suited to the role.
Please send by email to [email protected] (max file size of 5MB) with heading Arts and Engagement Officer