We’re searching for our next team member!
Barista/Café Team Member
We’re looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person, who’s full of beans, to join our busy café team. Are you a team player who loves communicating with customers and delivering the highest levels of customer service? You might just be who we’re looking for!
A Bit About Us
We are a not-for-profit, inclusive café based in the heart of Dumfries where we offer great food, amazing coffee, and the best service. The community is at the heart of everything we do, and we help support the wider aims and values of The Stove Network, a creatively led organisation which makes events and opportunities for our local community.
We’re proud to provide a warm welcome to every customer that walks through the door, and we work hard to create an enjoyable atmosphere for customers and staff. Would you like to work with us?
About The Job
We’re offering a minimum of 10 hours /week @ £8.91/hr over four days; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
You’re a strong team player with a can-do, positive attitude with excellent customer service and communication skills. The ability to work under pressure and to prioritise in a fast-paced environment, able to multitask, follow instruction and have great attention to detail.
- Establishing welcoming and relaxed atmosphere
- Taking orders and engaging with customers
- Coffee making
- Food preparation (training provided)
- Loading/unloading dishwasher
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene throughout the cafe, including the bathroom
- Following all Covid-19 guidelines in place
- Knowing and understanding the menu
- Some light physical lifting will be required
Desired Experience (some training may be provided)
- Barista/coffee making experience
- Experience in food preparation
- Food and hygiene certificate