(This opportunity is now closed)
Our friends at Creative Stranraer are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Hub Coordinator to support our Creative Community Hub in the centre of Stranraer.
Role: Creative Stranraer Hub Coordinator
Hours: 15 hours per week, days and times to be arranged
Salary: £22,000 per annum pro rata (£12.09 per hour)
Term: 6 months fixed-term contract initially (may be extended, depending on funding)
The Creative Stranraer Hub provides a space for the local community to participate in a range of creative activity, run by, with and for the people of Stranraer and The Rhins. Our Hub is a space where people can also access signposting to other projects, initiatives, and volunteering opportunities that welcomes anyone and everyone.
- To manage the day to day running of the Creative Stranraer Hub
- Provide support to the Creative Stranraer volunteer programme
- To promote and manage room bookings of our space
- To meet visitors and members of the community with a polite and friendly manner, offering excellent customer service
- To provide information and signposting to visitors and members of the community
- Act as the point of contact for all enquiries
- To support the Creative Stranraer Arts & Engagement Officer with planning and implementing events and activities taking place in the hub
- Liaising with the Communications and Marketing team, ensuing relevant information is passed on to support the outreach aims of Creative Stranraer
- To support with basic administration tasks
- Promote the charity in a positive manner to other businesses and services, encouraging joined up working where possible
- To undertake other appropriate tasks needed to support the running of the project
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficiency in digital administration and event promotion tools such as Microsoft office, social media and email
- Customer service skills
- Excellent multitasking and task prioritisation skills
If you are interested in this role and want to find out more before applying, please email; [email protected]
How to Apply:
We encourage you to apply in a way that you feel most comfortable or you can fire over your CV and a short covering letter, or video, to [email protected], explaining why you’re interested and what you could bring to the role.
Just make sure that your application is in by 5pm, Wednesday 10th January 2024
It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too. Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you.
We will accept applications from anyone and everyone who feels they have the skills required to fulfil this role.
Sound like the right job for you? Get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
About Creative Stranraer
Creative Stranraer is a project based in the Southwest of Scotland which focuses on supporting innovation and change in the historic town of Stranraer and the surrounding areas. Using creativity to connect people with their local environment, Creative Stranraer works in partnership with local and regional organisations to develop new opportunities and projects, encouraging communities to take part in the culture and enterprise to support a new vision for the town.