The Stove Cafe and Conversing Building invites artists and creative folk from Dumfries and beyond to submit artworks to feature as part of a Christmas selling exhibition.
Every year, our Cafe hosts a festive display and this year we’d like to use the space to support local artists and create additional space for the purchase of artworks during the festive season.
The exhibition will run from Tuesday 22nd November to Thursday 22nd December, open to the public during regular cafe hours at The Stove, Monday-Saturday’s, 9am-3pm.
We will host an additional evening as part of Dumfries Christmas Lights Switch On Friday, 25th November from 4pm.
How To Submit Artwork:
- Artists may submit up to a maximum of two artworks per person.
- 2D artworks should not exceed 60cm in any direction, and 3D artworks should not exceed 30cm in any direction.
- Artworks must be dropped off during one of our scheduled drop off dates (see below), or by appointment only
- Artists must complete a contacts form including BACS Bank Transfer information before leaving any artworks. These will be available during our scheduled drop off dates or by emailing [email protected].
- Any unsold artworks must be collected on Monday 9th January 2023.
Artwork Drop Off Dates:
Artworks can be dropped off Tuesday, 15th November between 3pm and 6pm, or Wednesday, 16th November between 12noon and 4pm.
For more information drop an email to Public Art Lead Katie Anderson, [email protected].
*Conversing Building is an ongoing project at The Stove, that looks to activate spaces around The Stove through a variety of visual and public art projects and displays. For more info on the project visit our project page here.