We’re looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person, who’s full of beans, to join our busy cafe & venue team.
The Stove Cafe is a social enterprise, community hub and arts & events venue in the heart of Dumfries High Street.
Serving as the HQ of the Stove Network, the Stove Cafe, serves as the ‘front door’ to our eclectic range of projects and events. From open mics to sign painting, bread clubs and live music, we facilitate and house a range of creative community events made with, for, by and about Doonhamers, old and new.
If you’re a team player who loves communicating with customers and delivering the highest levels of customer service, who wants to get involved in the delivery of our dynamic programme of events and cares about creating an enjoyable atmosphere for customers and staff, this might be for you…
About The Job
Job Title: Cafe & Venue Team Member
Hours: We’re offering a minimum of 15 hours /week over six days; Monday – Saturday including some evenings and weekends.
Pay: Up to £9.50/hr
You’re a strong team player with a can-do, positive attitude with excellent customer service and communication skills, who is also comfortable working independently. With the ability to work under pressure and to prioritise in a fast-paced environment, you’ll be able to multitask, follow instruction and have great attention to detail, all the while putting the customer first.
- Establishing welcoming and relaxed atmosphere
- Taking orders and engaging with customers
- Coffee making
- Food preparation
- Loading/unloading dishwasher
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene throughout the cafe, including the bathroom
- Knowing and understanding the menu
- Some light physical lifting will be required
- Supporting set up and delivery of evening events and activities
Desired Experience (but not essential)
- Experience in providing high-quality customer service
- Barista/coffee making experience
- Experience in food preparation
- Food and hygiene certificate
Our Cafe & Venue team are responsible for delivering the best possible experience to our customers, whether serving food and drinks to our customers or supporting the production team during events, we’re looking of the right person who can support our mission to support our community wherever we can.
How to Apply
Please send us a short covering letter explaining why you feel this role is the right one for you and an up-to-date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications is midnight 31st May 2022.