Grants for up to £500 Available Unexpected Garden – Stranraer
Dandelion is a national community food growing initiative that is coming to Stranraer. It is part of the UK wide UnBoxed Festival; a UK wide celebration of creativity taking place in 2022. The project will see a new Unexpected Garden and event space created on the harbour front with the local community that brings together food, culture, ideas, music and technology, driven by the concept of sow, grow, share.
Our ‘Grow Your Own Event’ grants have been created to give the local community the chance to host their own events in Stranraer’s Unexpected Garden. We will offer groups and individuals up to £500 to programme their own event which should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Improving wellbeing (physical and mental)
- Enabling community participation in the arts
- Promoting equality
- Enabling participation in physical activity
- Responding to the climate emergency and promoting sustainability
- Increasing community access to the garden
- Promoting the regeneration of Stranraer
Please note that we cannot accept applications promoting a specific religious faith or political party
Please consider the following when thinking about your event:
About the Garden
The Unexpected Garden in Stranraer can be found on the waterfront in Stranraer situated between Burns House and Ulsterbus. It is a community space where people can come together to grow food, take part in workshops, relax or attend one of our many events leading up to Harvest Festival in September.
- The garden has a 6.5m x 6.5m stretch tent that can provide shelter for events and workshops.
- We can provide folding tables and chairs as well as a battery powered PA and AMP system for live music and background music
- We do not have any power supply to the garden so any power requirements will need to be brought in externally.
- The garden and performance space is on the ground level with no stair access.
- There is an accessible toilet on site for those who need it
- Events must take place by 31 August 2022.
How to Apply:
Please complete our short application form to apply:
Deadline for applications: 30 June 2022
Alternatively, you can ask for a copy of the questions and submit a video, voice note or word document. Please email [email protected] for more information.